2013年5月19日星期日

BEFORE AND AFTER (Design Studies)

There is such a long time i didnt open and upload the blog,
Now is going to have my Year1 sme break(oh yeah!!)
And this will be the last post for my design studies in year1.

At first,
design studies in my mind is a "boring" course which study about history.
But now i gonna change my mind!

Every time after class, we need to update our blog,
we will have a topic or a "title" to write a summary or opinion.
Because of this, so we need to find more research
(not only from internet but also from book)and understand it clearly.
Now when i look back my blog post,
i still remember what i wrote.
(This allows us to learn more not only in class~)

After a few class, i found design studies a bit different with critical studies
(which i studied in foundation)
Design Studies learn more to our course FURNITURE AND PRODUCT
Such as ART DECO,
the characteristic of the furniture
-mass production
-geometric shapes
-sleek
-smooth
-mix materials
-futuristic colour

We also having a debate section"IS ORNAMENTATION A CRIME"
I am in Adolf Loos Team which more to minimalist style,
and we have discussion among my group member and
finding research together to support our points,
writing the assignment and at the end we had a presentation~

"Endless Splendid" is one of the sculpture we (ulva and me)
made for the Design Exploration.
A contemporary sculpture which inspire from designer karim rashid.
We had fun while doing the sculpture, we experiment and tried out many way
and the final sculpture look nice too...=)

A more thing, one of the class we had watching the movie "Captain America"
I am a girl who don't really like superhero or fiction movie
but i found out by watching movie we can also learnt history
(from the story background).
So, i decided to watch my first science fiction movie"Oblivion"
Ya, i love the story and tom cruise was so handsomeXDD!
By the way, it is a movie which more to futuristic~


Beside that we also have a chance to visit National Craft Day 2013(field trip)
I just realize traditional craft was so unique and beautiful.
In fact, I rarely notice all of the craft, but after this field trip
i have to say each piece required craftsman's craft skills,
manual dexterity and effort. We should appreciate all of these work...

Last week , we have another field trip to visit Petaling Street
for our professional standpoint project.
Although the weather is extremely hot but i still enjoy it.
Because finally i have a time to walk out a take a break in KL=D
At the end, i found that i didnt take much photos
i think only 15 pieces > <!
It is a bit hard for me to find traditional coffee shop in Petaling Street,
however, I'm still having lot of foods and snacks over there =P.

没有评论:

发表评论